Hello - Salut - Hola - Olá - Ciao
Hallo - Hallå - Hej - Hujambo - Merhaba - Ahoj - Bok - Chào - Pozdravljeni
你好 - こんにちは -안녕하세요 - नमस्ते - வணக்கம்
здрасти - Здраво - Γεια σας -שלום - Բարև - مرحبا - سلام- خوش
This userpage is mostly in English. I apologize to those on wikis based in other languages that cannot understand.
|Very important userboxes|
Epicgenius (stylized lowercase as epicgenius according to what's displayed as the title on the main Wikimedia userpage) is the name of this wikimedia user. He is from New York City.
The first part of his username is "epic" from the YouTube channel Epic Rap Battles of History. The second part is "genius" from lyrics website Genius.com. But English Wikipedia doesn't say that so, He is mostly an English Wikipedia editor.
He likes mathematics (especially anything relating to very complex algebra, geometry, calculus, and mathematical proofs) and is very good at it. He also likes computer science, especially robots and anything having to do with artificial intelligence or biotechnology. Space travel and space exploration is also interesting to him, as is energy, the natural environment, and various types of cars, his favorite being the Tesla Model S. He really likes theme parks around the world, and his favorites are Disney parks and Universal Studios parks. His favorite TV shows include Grey's Anatomy and Modern Family.
So it may surprise the reader that he actually edits English Wikipedia articles about public transportation, other infrastructure, and architecture. (He also sometimes edits theme park articles and other interesting topics that are either in the news or discovered by happenstance.)
These are among the other things he does on English Wikipedia at least:
- Copy editing
- Adding information
- Improving articles to Did You Know; Good Articles; and Featured Articles
- He will also sometimes make comments on railroad-related featured article candidates.
He is also a Commons user who only drops by sporadically. His main task is recategorizing pictures that are in the wrong categories and move categories to appropriate categories. He also uploads pictures from Flickr and helps to transfer files from enwiki if needed. A lot of pictures still need specific categorization.
And the reason he takes bad pictures is...
- He owns an iPad and a smartphone but no actual high-quality cameras.
- He doesn't have time to take good pictures. He has things to do, like class and work.
|Things he did when he could have been doing something else|
He helped improve the following articles on English Wikipedia that are now good article class or featured article class. This is not a full list. An asterisk (*) denotes significant text contributions.[lower-alpha 2]
- Railway lines
- 21st Street–Queensbridge (IND 63rd Street Line)
- 34th Street–Hudson Yards (IRT Flushing Line)*
- 72nd Street (Second Avenue Subway)*
- 75th Avenue (IND Queens Boulevard Line)
- 86th Street (Second Avenue Subway)*
- 96th Street (Second Avenue Subway)*
- Aqueduct Racetrack (IND Rockaway Line)*
- Bergen Street (IND Culver Line)
- Broad Channel (IND Rockaway Line)
- Broadway Junction (New York City Subway)*
- Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue (New York City Subway)*
- Court Square–23rd Street (New York City Subway)
- Euclid Avenue (IND Fulton Street Line)
- Far Rockaway–Mott Avenue (IND Rockaway Line)
- Flatbush Avenue–Brooklyn College (IRT Nostrand Avenue Line)
- Flushing–Main Street (IRT Flushing Line)*
- Forest Hills–71st Avenue (IND Queens Boulevard Line)
- Grand Avenue–Newtown (IND Queens Boulevard Line)
- Grand Street (IND Sixth Avenue Line)
- Grant Avenue (IND Fulton Street Line)
- High Street (IND Eighth Avenue Line)
- Howard Beach–JFK Airport (IND Rockaway Line)
- Hoyt–Schermerhorn Streets (New York City Subway)
- Jamaica–179th Street (IND Queens Boulevard Line)
- Kew Gardens–Union Turnpike (IND Queens Boulevard Line)
- Lexington Avenue–63rd Street (63rd Street Lines)*
- Norwood–205th Street (IND Concourse Line)
- Roosevelt Island (IND 63rd Street Line)*
- South Ferry/Whitehall Street (New York City Subway)*
- Woodhaven Boulevard (IND Queens Boulevard Line)
- Subway expansions
- Subway lines
- Roads and highways
- Construction of
- Food and drink
- Visual art
- DYK's he tried to delete: 2014 killings of NYPD officers, 85th Street (Manhattan)
- DYK's not credited for: Van Cortlandt Park, Washington Monument, Jamaica–179th Street (IND Queens Boulevard Line)
- DYK duplicate credits: Man at the Crossroads
- GA's demoted: Gowanus Canal, World Trade Center (World Trade Center's demotion was due to the page being split)
- GA's expanded: National Debt Clock, Chrysler Building, Headquarters of the United Nations, "Tobacco" (Last Week Tonight)
- GA's promoted that were already GA's or FA's in other articles: Master Apartments, New York City Subway, Second Avenue Subway, slither.io
- GA's that I helped revise before someone else made it a GA (I don't take credit for this): Comet Ping Pong
- FA's expanded: 7 World Trade Center, Stuyvesant High School (to a smaller extent)
- Million awards: High Line, New York City Subway, One World Trade Center, Trump Tower
- Hopeful good topics. Or something.
This tool list is in English only. He apologizes for the inconvenience.
A reddit user and a Star Wars fan, this epic genius is. He also likes to do math in his free time since he is very good at it (you know, stuff like theorems, and he also likes proofs.)